Sunday, October 22, 2017

---------AND ON TO THE MERRIMAC MIC!--------------------------

The most far-flung corner of the All-Literation Nation,
but surprisingly quick to get to.   I went to the open mic today
 (Sunday) at the Merrimac Public Library, 10:30am..
Just past Haverhill on 495, Rte.110 ...3 miles or so...and there you are.
Isabel VanMerlin says the November and December open mics will be
  3rd Sundays, not 4th Sundays, so as to avoid clashing with the holidays.

Quite an assortment of talent, including 3 Powows (from Newburyport)
Here is their schedule:
2017_POWOW_POETS
They have readers any a limited open mic (10 poets)..
The readers in November are:
Nov. 18: Michael Juster and Deborah Warren

I got to do my "All Literation Nation" rap again, and I tossed in
an impromptu/ad-hoc piece with audience call-n-response called
"I'm On My Way, But I'm Not There Yet", riffing on Isabel's message
 to the early birds.  That was a lot of Existential fun.  There was some
  awesome high eloquence, philosophy, and a great quasi-rabbinical piece.
  Given the awesome acoustics, high rafters, Sunday timing, and food treats,
  it was almost like "Sunday got ta meetin' time"......
  And Doug Lowney was another waderer there.....as usuall, quite entertaining.

 
COMING RIGHT UP:    Tuesday4Poetry, this tuesday, 7pm !!!
    (thanks for reminding me Gayle ....  my calender didn't have it yet)

And...I have to whip up audio loops for Wednesday's performance of
   "Neon Love"  (to be added to the All-Literation rap) at 12:30 Wednesday
   , Merrimac College (N.Andover) .    CJ will be there, and Gayle, but not sure
    who else.  Dang, that's a big stage!

---JK

-----------------------------------

You can comment, by the way, without signing into anything.

It doesn't appear right away, but I moderate it.....to eliminate...Nigerian lawyers,
  Moldovan Brides, Indian virus spammers, Russian trolls....that sort of thing)...

I'm hoping to run a few contests with that....
C'mon....it's easy...it's just a blog!   You might have to recognize street signs
   or words in a Captcha pop-up....that's all.


--------------------------
ALSO:
      I got a flyer from AMESBURY_POETRY_NIGHT....
      Last Tuesdays of the month..
      It's at the AMESBURY_PUBLIC_LIBRARY
...but Wednesday this time around:
      They have a feature: Son Rivers, Wednesday, Oct 25, at 6pm
     ......
-----------------------------------


---------------------------






No comments:

Post a Comment